How to Choose an Affiliate Program for Online Casino
An affiliate program is a platform where online casinos can find webmasters to advertise their sites. Such type of collaboration is beneficial for everybody – on the one hand, advertisers grow their revenues, and on the other hand, participants of affiliate programs make a good and stable income as well.
Like land-based casinos, online platforms make a profit from active players. Any online casino is interested in the attraction of the biggest possible number of new players by any legal means and an affiliate program is one of them. An approximate scheme that programs follow working with online casinos:
- an affiliate (webmaster) places an article about bonuses and special offers from an online casino on his or her website and gives a link to the casino;
- a user clicks on the link and is transferred to the online casino website;
- the user makes a deposit and gets connected to the webmaster whose link was used;
- once per week or month, the program calculates and pays out remuneration as a percentage of player losses.
Read about popular ad placement methods, ad types, and criteria for choosing a beneficial payment model in this article.
How to become a participant of an affiliate program?
To take part in the affiliate program, you have to register with the program and get a unique link, which contains the code that allows the advertiser to identify the webmaster.
The link can be placed anywhere – on websites or social media. As soon as the user follows the link and makes the target action (registers, plays the game, makes the first deposit), the affiliate will get the reward. It is important for the affiliate to target the interested audience only.
Payment models within affiliate programs
There are many payment models within affiliate programs including:
- PPC or pay per click;
- PPV or pay per view;
- PPS or pay per sale;
- PPL or pay per lead.
The most popular models are cost per sale (CPS) and cost per action (CPA). In the CPS model, the reward is a percentage of every purchase of the advertised product. In the CPA model, the webmaster gets the reward in case the user makes certain actions such as following the link to the website, filling in registration forms, subscription, etc.
Besides, a pay per action model (PPA) is available. However, there is hardly any difference between the terms of CPA and PPA, as both models imply remuneration for the action fulfilled on the advertiser’s website.
Types of ads distributed through affiliate programs:
- banner and teaser ads – photo or video ads containing information about the product or service;
- search boxes – are good when you need to collect data about visitors quickly: a search box is placed on the webmaster’s website and the visitor can enter personal data without going to the advertiser’s website;
- links – direct links to the advertiser’s website placed by webmasters;
- widgets – graphical elements that carry information about the advertiser’s website.
To conclude, here are several recommendations on how to make more money using an affiliate program:
- Pay attention to the interests of the audience. When you choose an affiliate program, you should take into account the interests of the audience and the website content. Do not participate for the sake of high payouts only. Study the information about the program and think over the promotion methods suitable for your audience.
- Run A/B testing. Before you start the advertising campaign, you need to understand what ad tools give better results and whether a certain affiliate program is a good match for the content of your website.
- Set a reasonable cost per click. After your ad campaign starts making a profit steadily, you can increase the cost per click.
Learn more about affiliate programs at Georgia iGaming Affiliate Conference
held in Tbilisi on October 18.